Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

MISC/BOOK: The Art Farm in the City, new book about the Vick dogs, Catnip newsletter

Good Morning folks!

Just a few pieces of info that I thought you might enjoy knowing about:

1. There is a great place to take kids 8 years and younger on the "wheek"ends. It is The Art Farm in the City - located on 91st Street, between York and 1st Ave (NYC). http://www.theartfarms.com/ They have a program on Sat/Sun mornings called "Mornings on the Farm" that I have helped out with since 2008. It is a great place for kids to handle and learn about animals. I highly recommend it, especially if your child hasn't met animals before and you would like to teach them about being compassionate and nice to other creatures. Each child also gets their own food basket so they can help the "farmer" feed all the animals.

2. A new book called "The Lost Dogs" has been released and it is about the dogs that were rescued from the Michael Vick dog fighting circle. I haven't read it yet, but the story was so tragic that I know I will want to hear more about the redemption these doggies received from rescuers.

3. There is a newsletter called Catnip (published by Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University) that is called "the newsletter for caring cat owners". It was introduced to me by one of my friends at City Critters and it is a great resource for cat lovers. You can take a look at it and get a free issue by visiting http://www.tuftscatnip.com/.

That is all I have time for right now, but stay tuned for pictures from last week's Strut your Muttt event, my trip to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary and info about a new book published by a friend of City Critters!

Take care of yourselves and your furry/feathered friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment